All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
Belize Company Formation
Forming your Offshore Company in Belize offers unrivalled Privacy and Confidentiality for your business. Incorporating a Company Offshore can be a quick and straightforward process if you choose the right jurisdiction and none could be easier than Belize. With our own offices in Belize, we can have your company incorporation complete the same day as you place your order.
Benefits of Forming a Company in Belize
There are a number of reasons why Belize is such a popular place for people all over the world to form their Offshore Companies, including;
- Same Day incorporation – With the benefit of our Belize office we are able to form your company on the same day that you place your order.
- Low Setup and Ongoing fees – Belize is one of the most cost effective jurisdictions not only for the initial incorporation but it also has very low annual costs
- Low Capitalisation cost – Unlike many other Offshore Jurisdictions Belize companies require only $1 share capital to be issued. Capitalisation is often not factored in when assessing start-up costs so can be an unwelcome additional outlay. There is no need for this to be the case when choosing a Belize Company.
- Corporate Directors and Shareholders are permitted – Every International Business Company (IBC) registered in Belize requires 1 Director and 1 Shareholder. These can be individuals or corporate entities and they may reside anywhere in the world. The use of Nominee Directors and Shareholders is also permitted.
- No requirement for a Company Secretary
- Zero Tax on income -The International Business Company Act of 1990 states that all Corporations registered in Belize are exempt from tax on both the income of the company (derived outside Belize) and the liability for stamp duty.
- Zero Tax on Business Expenses - Belize also does not withhold taxation on interests, rent, royalties, compensation, or anything else that might be an expense of a Belize IBC.
- Zero Capital Gains Tax - There is no requirement for a capital gains tax in Belize, no matter how the gains were earned.
- No exchange control restrictions - Belize does not impose restrictions on the purchase or sale of foreign currencies by residents or on the purchase or sale of local currency by non-residents.
- No Public Register of Directors and Shareholders – Companies registered in Belize are afforded probably the highest level of confidentiality of any jurisdiction worldwide.
- High level of Asset Protection – Belizean Law provides protection against assets being confiscated by any country’s courts.
- No requirement to file Tax or Accounting reports – While it is necessary to maintain accounts for your Company, there is no requirement to file those accounts with the Belizean Registry. Similarly there is no requirement to file annual tax statements.
- No requirement to update changes in your Company Structure – If you need to add or change the Directors or Shareholders of the Company at any time, there is no requirement to inform the Registrar.
Requirements to Form a Corporation in Belize
In order to incorporate your Belize Company, these are the steps that must be followed;
- Place your order – You need to use a Company Formation Agent to submit the necessary documentation to the Registry on your behalf. Payment needs to be made to the Registry on submission of the registration documents so our fee must be paid when the order is placed.
- Meet the Anti Money Laundering Requirements – In order to meet Anti Money Laundering Requirements we need to obtain a certified copy of the passport and current utility bill of each of the owners and shareholders. This is required even if you are using our Nominee Service.
- Documents are issued to you – Once the Registry has incorporated the company, we will issue you with the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Share Certificates and all other company documents as required by Law. These documents can then be used to open a bank account for the company.
- The Power of Attorney is produced – The Power of Attorney assigns powers for the running of the company from the Nominees to the owners of the Company
- Belizean Companies have to be renewed in January every year – All jurisdictions have different requirements for renewing the incorporation. In Belize, all companies must be renewed in January rather than on the anniversary of incorporation. We will automatically send you an invoice when your renewal is due