Belize is located in Central America on the southern border of Mexico and eastern border of Guatemala. It was the site of several Mayan city states until their decline at the end of the first millennium A.D. The British and Spanish disputed the region in the 17th and 18th centuries; it formally became the colony of British Honduras in 1862. It ceased to be a British Colony in 1981.
Currency: Belize dollar
Language: English speaking
|Services Included||Year 1||Year 2 onwards|
|Government Fee||US$150 annually|
|Corporate Domicile||From US$550 annually|
|Accounting Data Address||Optional Extra|
|Director and Nominee Service||Optional Extra||Optional Extra|
|Estimated renewal costs in year two: £1,050.00|
Benefits of Forming a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in Belize
There are a number of reasons why Belize is such a popular place for people all over the world to form their Offshore Companies, including;
- Low Setup and Ongoing fees – Belize is one of the most cost effective jurisdictions, not only for the initial incorporation but it also has very low annual costs
- Low Capitalisation Cost – Unlike many other Offshore Jurisdictions, there is no minimum Capital Contribution for Belizean Companies. At least $1.00 is recommended. Capitalisation is often not factored in when assessing start-up costs so can be an unwelcome additional outlay. There is no need for this to be the case when choosing a Belize LLC.
- Corporate Directors and Shareholders are permitted – Directors and Shareholders can be individuals or corporate entities and they may reside anywhere in the world. The use of Nominee Directors and Shareholders is also permitted.
- No requirement for a Company Secretary.
- Zero Tax on income* – Belizean Legislation states that all Limited Liability Companies registered in Belize are exempt from tax on both the income of the company (derived outside Belize) and the liability for stamp duty.
- Zero Tax on Business Expenses* – Belize also does not withhold taxation on interests, rent, royalties, compensation, or anything else that might be an expense of a Belize IBC.
- Zero Capital Gains Tax* – There is no requirement for a capital gains tax in Belize, no matter how the gains were earned.
- No Exchange Control Restrictions – Belize does not impose restrictions on the purchase or sale of foreign currencies by residents, or on the purchase or sale of local currency by non-residents.
- No Public Register of Directors and Shareholders – Companies registered in Belize are afforded probably the highest level of confidentiality of any jurisdiction worldwide.
- Maintaining annual accounts, ready for submission upon request by the authorities, is necessary.
- No requirement to update changes in your Company Structure – If you need to add or change the Directors or Shareholders of the Company at any time, there is no requirement to inform the Registrar.
* Please note that legislative changes introduced in May 2019, in a small number of cases, affect the tax position – please ask for full details.
Requirements to Form a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in Belize
In order to incorporate your Belize LLC, these are the steps that must be followed;
- Place your order – You need to use a Company Formation Agent to submit the necessary documentation to the Registry on your behalf. Payment needs to be made to the Registry on submission of the registration documents so our fee must be paid when the order is placed.
- Meet the Anti Money Laundering Requirements – In order to meet Anti Money Laundering Requirements we need to obtain a certified copy of the passport and current utility bill of each of the owners and shareholders. This is required even if you are using our Nominee Service.
- Documents are issued to you – Once the Registry has incorporated the company, we will issue you with the Certificate of Incorporation, Operating Articles, Shareholder Certificates and all other company documents as required by Law. These documents can then be used to open a bank account for the company.
Please note that information given on this page is subject to change at any time without notice as a consequence of changes made in local legislation.
Belizean LLCs have to be renewed on the Anniversary of incorporation every year – All jurisdictions have different requirements for renewing the incorporation. In Belize, all IBCs must be renewed in January rather than on the anniversary of incorporation. We will automatically send you an invoice when your renewal is due.