British Dependent Territory in the Caribbean comprising 36 islands. First inhabited by Arawak and later by Carib Indians, the Virgin Islands were settled by the Dutch in 1648 and then annexed by the English in 1672. The islands were part of the British colony of the Leeward Islands from 1872-1960; they were granted autonomy in 1967. The economy is closely tied to the larger and more populous US Virgin Islands to the west; the US dollar is the legal currency.
Country: British Virgin Islands
Capital: Road Town
Currency: US dollar
Language: English speaking
BVI Offshore Company Formation £2400.00 + Vat
|Services Included||Year 1||Year 2 onwards|
|Government Fee||US $450|
|Accounting Data Address||Optional Extra|
|Director and Nominee Service||Optional Extra||Optional Extra|
|Estimated renewal costs in year two: £1,750.00|
Please note that the amounts showing in US$ are local costs and are passed on at cost – no profit element is added by Turner Little to cost prices in these areas.
Details of BVI Business Company – BC:
- Set up under The BVI Business Companies Act Revised 2020.
- Can have one or more subscribers and thereafter one or more shareholders.
- Can have one or more directors.
- Directors can be corporate or individual, and need not be local residents, subject to business activities.
- Meetings of directors or shareholders may be held in any country, subject to business activities.
- No obligation to file names of Shareholders in any public register therefore, no public disclosure of shareholders. Basic Directors details can be made available to the public upon request, however Nominee Director Services are permitted.
- No requirement for audit, subject to business activities.
- No requirement to file annual returns, subject to business activities.
- Accounts are not required to be filed with government authorities but must be prepared and submitted for safekeeping at the Registered Office of the Company in B.V.I.
- Annual Government licence fee of $350 if the total number of issued shares is 50,000 or less.
- Total exemption from all forms of local taxation including stamp duty, subject to business activities.
Please note that information given on this page is subject to change at any time without notice as a consequence of changes made in local legislation.
A member of the banking team will be able to advise on the most suitable offshore bank account.
BVI Companies are required to file every year on either the 31st of May, or the 30th of November, depending on which half of the year the company is incorporated. We will write to you automatically to remind you of the impending renewal in May or November as appropriate.