The Republic of Cyprus occupies the southern part of the island of Cyprus in the eastern Mediterranean. The island (and capital city Nicosia) is divided with Turkey to the north. Known for beaches, it also has a rugged interior with wine regions. Coastal Paphos is famed for its archaeological sites relating to the cult of Aphrodite, including ruins of palaces, tombs and mosaic-tiled villas.
Language: Greek, though English is widely spoken
|Accounting Data Address||Optional Extra|
|Nominee Resident Director||Optional Extra||Optional Extra|
|Nominee Shareholder||Optional Extra||Optional Extra|
|Estimated renewal costs in year two: £2,195.00 + VAT|
Cyprus Company Formation
Cyprus is an island nation which rests in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. This country is a republic which has become world-renowned as a global financial centre. Forming an Offshore Company in Cyprus is a very popular option for UK and International clients looking for an EU Company Structure. With Companies increasingly looking to give themselves the competitive edge, an EU business location coupled with favourable tax advantages makes Cyprus an excellent choice.
Benefits of Cyprus company registration
There are a number of reasons why Cyprus is an up and coming choice for Offshore Company Formation, including;
- Low Tax on Profits– At just 12% tax on net profits, Cyprus enjoys one of the lowest corporation tax in Europe. Also there is no tax on dividend payments for non-resident beneficial owners.
- Further tax benefits – There is no capital gains tax on the sale of companies, shares or assets in Cyprus.
- Double Taxation treaty in place – Double tax treaties are in place with 55 countries including the UK, Russia, USA, Canada, China, India and a long list of others.
- Access to EU Trade treaties – As a member of the European Union, Cyprus benefits from all EU treaties and regulations, including (notably) the freedom of movement of capital.
- English as the business language of Cyprus – All documentation for the Company will be provided in English as standard thus avoiding translation fees when making applications for banking and other business transactions.
- Quick Company Incorporation – A new Cyprus Company can be incorporated within 10-15 days of submission. Please note that legislative changes in the process of being introduced may, in a small number of cases affect the tax position – please ask for full details.
Requirements to Form a Corporation in Cyprus
In order to incorporate your Cyprus Company, these are the steps that must be followed;
- Selection of a Company Name– The proposed name of the Company needs to be approved by the Cypriot Company Registry before incorporation can be completed. The name must be unique as with all other jurisdictions and may not imply that the company is associated with governmental activity or illegal activity.
- Company Structure– Cyprus companies are required to have at least one shareholder and one Director. Directors may be resident anywhere in the world, subject to activities and requirements. Shareholders may be a corporate entity or an individual and they may reside anywhere in the world.
- Appoint a Company Secretary– A company secretary must be appointed to a Cyprus Company.
- Registered office– The registered address must be in Cyprus as this is the address that all official company documentation are sent to. The Registered address must not be a PO Box.
- Apply for your Tax Identification Number – Once the company is incorporation, it will need a Tax Identification Number. This can be applied for at the Cypriot Tax Department.
- Meet the Anti Money Laundering Requirements – In order to meet Anti Money Laundering Requirements you will need to provide a certified copy of the passport and current utility bill of each of the owners and shareholders. This is required even if you are using our Nominee Service.
- Documents are issued to you – Once the company has been incorporated, you will be issued with all of the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Share Certificates and all other company documents as required by Law. These documents can then be used to open a bank account for the company.
- Cyprus Companies have to be renewed on the anniversary of incorporation every year – All jurisdictions have different requirements for renewing the incorporation. In Cyprus, companies are renewed on the anniversary of incorporation. We will automatically send you an invoice when your renewal is due.
- Annual Returns – Every company must complete and file an annual within 42 days of its Annual General Meeting.
- Financial Statements – Companies incorporated in Cyprus must all prepare financial statements annually and submit them to the Companies Registration Office. These documents must include a balance sheet, profit and loss account, a Directors report and the statutory auditors report.
- Ready Made or Shelf Companies – Shelf companies are available in Cyprus and can expedite the incorporation process.
Please note that information given on this page is subject to change at any time without notice as a consequence of changes made in local legislation.