Egypt, the 14th most populous country in the world, is a transcontinental country spanning both the north-eastern corner of Africa and the Sinai peninsula in the south-west of Asia, with the greater part of the population settled along the River Nile. The isthmus of Suez forms a land bridge between Africa and Asia that is traversed by the 120mile long Suez Canal enabling ships to travel between the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea. Completed in partnership with the French in 1869, the Suez Canal is 24 metres deep and 110 metres wide.
The main components of the Egyptian economy are tourism, petroleum and gas, media and agriculture. Egyptian tourism, a multi-billion dollar industry, is one of the most important sectors of the economy employing 12% of the Egyptian workforce. Besides the extensive beaches along the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea, Egypt is home to the Giza Necropolis which is the only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World that still exists today.
Currency: Egyptian Pound (EGP)
Language: Egyptian Arabic
|Year 2 onwards
|From $TBC annually
|Accounting Data Address
|Director and Nominee Service
|Estimated renewal costs in year two: £1,950.00
Benefits of Forming an Offshore Company limited by shares in Egypt:
There are a number of reasons why Egypt is such a popular place for people all over the world to form their Offshore Companies, including;
- Tax Advantages – As per the Income Tax Law No. 91 of 2005, offshore companies with activities conducted outside of Egypt are exempt from income tax on non-Egyptian sourced income.
- Foreign Ownership – The Companies Law No. 159 of 1981, with its subsequent amendments, permits 100% foreign ownership in offshore entities, thereby creating a hospitable environment for international businesses.
- Repatriation of Profits: – Unhindered repatriation of profits, dividends, and capital for offshore companies is allowed, streamlining financial management for global clients.
- Confidentiality – The Commercial Register Law No. 34 of 1976 upholds the confidentiality of shareholders and directors of offshore entities, providing assurance and privacy.
- Strategic Geographical Position – Egypt’s key location, bridging Africa, Asia, and Europe, is an unparalleled advantage for businesses aiming for global reach.
Requirements to Form an Offshore Company in Egypt
In order to incorporate your Egyptian Company, these are the steps that must be followed;
- Place your order – You need to use a Company Formation Agent to submit the necessary documentation to the Registry on your behalf. Payment needs to be made to the Registry on submission of the registration documents so our fee must be paid when the order is placed.
- Meet the Anti Money Laundering Requirements – In order to meet Anti Money Laundering Requirements we need to obtain a certified copy of the passport and current utility bill of each of the owners and shareholders. This is required even if you are using our Nominee Service.
- Documents are issued to you – Once the Registry has incorporated the company, we will issue you with the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum & Articles, Shareholder Certificates and all other company documents as required by Law. These documents can then be used to open a bank account for the company.
Please note that information given on this page is subject to change at any time without notice as a consequence of changes made in local legislation.
Offshore Banking can be arranged in several overseas locations. Your banking consultant will be able to advise you on the most suitable offshore bank account.
Egyptian Companies have to be renewed on the anniversary of the incorporation every year – All jurisdictions have different requirements for renewing the incorporation. We will automatically send you an invoice when your renewal is due.