Hong Kong is famous for its impressive skyscrapers close to its equally magnificent green mountains. But there is more to Hong Kong that makes it popular. It is seen as one of the fastest emerging business capitals in Asia. With strong and steady economic growth, the city continues to attract not just tourists, but also investors and entrepreneurs from all over the world.
Country: Hong Kong
Population: 6,921,700 (2007 estimate)
Currency: Hong Kong dollar
Language: English, Mandarin, and Cantonese
|Services Included||Year 1||Year 2 onwards|
|Accounting Data Address||Optional Extra|
|Director & Nominee Service||Optional Extra||Optional Extra|
|Estimated renewal costs in year two: £1,260.00|
Additional costs will be incurred if banking is required in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong is part of the Republic of China and has been since 1997. However, prior to this, it was part of the British Empire and the legal system in Hong Kong remains based on UK legislation.
The official languages spoken are English and Chinese, making Hong Kong a very attractive jurisdiction particularly for UK entrepreneurs looking to form an offshore company. These are not the only benefits of choosing a Hong Kong Offshore Company. Here are the reasons we think Hong Kong is a must;
Tax in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is often considered to be an offshore tax haven. The truth is that Hong Kong is simply a low tax jurisdiction that works hard to encourage business both from local and foreign entrepreneurs. There is no specific ‘offshore’ company legislation in Hong Kong. All companies are incorporated under the same regulations regardless of whether or not they choose to carry out business in Hong Kong. The attraction for foreign investors is that companies who do not derive any income from sources in Hong Kong do not pay tax.
- Hong Kong company incorporation is world-renowned for its simplicity.
- The economy is extremely stable and considered to be among the most open in the world, making it a reliable jurisdiction for ongoing business success.
- If you are looking to break into the Chinese market, companies that are set up in Hong Kong benefit from access to the mainland China market due to the Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA) – a free-trade agreement between the Central People’s Government and the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. All goods qualified as Hong Kong origin may be exported to Mainland China tariff-free.
- If you intend to move your business to Hong Kong, the country has an excellent infrastructure and business premises are widely available. If you were looking to relocate, personal income tax (or salary tax as it is known) starts at 2% and goes up to 17% for income above HKD 120,000.
- There is no capital gains tax, nor any withholding tax on dividends and interest or collection of social security benefits. Furthermore, there is no sales tax or VAT in Hong Kong.
Requirements for Hong Kong Offshore Company Formation
- Any individual or business entity may set up a Hong Kong company.
- Minimum of one shareholder who can be a local or non-resident. A shareholder must be above 18 years of age.
- Minimum of one director who can be a local or non-resident. A director must be above 18 years of age.
- Nominee directors and shareholders can be used.
- Filing of annual tax returns.
Please note that information given on this page is subject to change at any time without notice as a consequence of changes made in local legislation.