Madeira, an autonomous region of Portugal, is an archipelago comprising four islands off the northwest coast of Africa. It’s known for its namesake wine and warm, subtropical climate. The main island of Madeira is volcanic, green and rugged, with high cliffs, pebbly beaches and settlements on deltas of the Fajã River. The capital Funchal has botanic gardens and is known for its harbour and a large New Year’s fireworks show.
Country: Madeira (Portugal)
Language: Portuguese speaking
|Services Included||Year 1||Year 2 onwards|
|Director & Nominee Service||Optional Extra||Optional Extra|
|Estimated renewal costs in year two: £5,460.00|
Details of Private Limited Company – Lda:
- Permitted to have only one subscriber and thereafter only one quotaholder (shareholder). If only one quotaholder, then the name “Sociedade Unipessoal” must be reflected in the company name.
- Permitted to have only one director.
- Director need not be local resident.
- Meetings of directors or shareholders may be held in any country.
- Automatically provided with a VAT number usable in the EU on incorporation.
- Books of account must be maintained in Portuguese. If the company is managed outside of Madeira, accounting information must be supplied at least quarterly to an official accounting officer appointed in Madeira.
- Requirement to file accounts and annual returns.
- Application fee to operate within free-trade zone of €750 with an annual fee thereafter of €1500.
- Fixed level of taxation
Please note that information given on this page is subject to change at any time without notice as a consequence of changes made in local legislation.
A member of the banking team will be able to advise on the most suitable offshore bank account.