A volcanic island nation in the Indian Ocean, Mauritius is known for its beaches, lagoons and reefs. The mountainous interior encompasses Black River Gorges National Park, with rainforests, waterfalls, hiking trails and native fauna like the flying fox. The capital, Port Louis, blends foreign influences and offers sites such as the Champs de Mars horse track, colonial Eureka plantation and 18th-century botanical garden.
Population: Approximately 1.3 million (estimated 2013)
Capital: Port Louis
Currency: Mauritian rupee
|Services Included||Year 1||Year 2 onwards|
|Accounting Data Address||Optional Extra|
|Director & Nominee Service||Optional Extra||Optional Extra|
|Estimated renewal costs in year two: £2,300.00|
Formerly designated as a ‘GBC2’ class company, the Finance Bill 2018 of Mauritius has introduced modernising changes to corporate legislation. The new equivalent of a ‘GBC2’ is an ‘Authorised Company’ or ‘AC’.
- Can have one or more subscribers and thereafter multiple shareholders.
- Can have one or more directors.
- Directors can be corporate or individual and cannot be local residents.
- No public disclosure of shareholders.
- No public disclosure of directors.
- Accounts are required to be prepared and maintained and financial statements and tax returns are required to be filed. However, NIL returns may be filed provided that the company has met the appropriate foreign trade and management requirements, similar to other popular ‘IBC’ jurisdictions.
For businesses intended to be managed, owned and/or operated within Mauritius, a GBC1 or GBL company would be recommended and details can be provided upon request.
Please note that information given on this page is subject to change at any time without notice as a consequence of changes made in local legislation.
A member of our banking team will be able to advise on a suitable offshore bank account for a Mauritius formation.
N.B. Banking does not have to be in the jurisdiction of incorporation and this cost can be reduced substantially by placing offshore banking in other overseas jurisdictions.
All jurisdictions have different requirements for the annual company renewal. All companies incorporated in Mauritius must be renewed in June rather than on the anniversary of incorporation. We will automatically send you an invoice when your renewal is due.