Samoa is an island nation towards the south of the equator situated in the Polynesian region of the Pacific Ocean halfway between Hawaii and New Zealand. Samoa consists of two main islands, known as Upolu and Savai’i, in additional to a mixture of smaller inhabited and uninhabited islands. Samoa, although independent today, has previously been under the rule of both Germany and New Zealand in the former half of the twentieth century.
In common with other Pacific Island nations, Samoa set an aim to meet the country’s energy requirements using electricity derived from 100% renewable energy. Electricity in Samoa has been generated using diesel powered generators in addition to such renewable sources as hydro, solar and wind power.
Languages: Samoan, English
|Services Included||Year 1||Year 2 onwards|
|Government Fee||US $300 annual|
|Corporate Domicile||From $TBC annually|
|Accounting Data Address||Optional Extra|
|Director and Nominee Service||Optional Extra||Optional Extra|
|Estimated renewal costs in year two: £1,100.00|
Benefits of Forming an international company in Samoa
There are several reasons as to why Samoa is such a popular place for people all over the world to form their Offshore Companies, including;
- Low Capitalisation Cost – Unlike many other Offshore Jurisdictions, there is no minimum Capital Requirement for Samoan Companies. Capitalisation can be an unwelcome additional outlay when assessing start-up costs.
- No requirement for local directors – Directors and secretaries may reside anywhere in the world. The use of Nominee Directors and Shareholders is also permitted.
- Zero Tax on income – International Companies registered in Samoa are exempt from tax on income that is derived outside of Samoa.
- Private Register of Directors and Shareholders – Companies registered in Samoa are afforded a high level of confidentiality as no public records of Directors and Shareholders are made available.
- No requirement to file annual audited accounts for companies incorporated in Samoa.
Requirements to Form an International Company in Samoa
In order to incorporate your Samoan Company, these are the steps that must be followed;
- Place your order – You need to use a Company Formation Agent to submit the necessary documentation to the Registry on your behalf. Payment needs to be made to the Registry on submission of the registration documents so our fee must be paid when the order is placed.
- Meet the Anti Money Laundering Requirements – In order to meet Anti Money Laundering Requirements we need to obtain a certified copy of the passport and current utility bill of each of the owners and shareholders. This is required even if you are using our Nominee Service.
- Documents are issued to you – Once the Registry has incorporated the company, we will issue you with the Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Share Certificates and all other company documents as required by Law. These documents can then be used to open a bank account for the company.
Please note that information given on this page is subject to change at any time without notice as a consequence of changes made in local legislation.
A member of the banking team will be able to advise on the most suitable offshore bank account.
Samoan Companies have to be renewed on the Anniversary of incorporation every year – all jurisdictions have different requirements for renewing the incorporation. We will automatically send you an invoice when your renewal is due.